Common Boots Theatre in Association with the Toronto Fringe Festival presents
Come see with your ears!
Created and Performed by
Jennifer Brewin, Alex Bulmer, Leah Cherniak, Khadijah Roberts-Abdullah, John Gzowski, Maggie Huculak, Anand Rajram, Jenny Salisbury and Stephon Smith
- Directors Jennifer Brewin and Alex Bulmer
- Playwright Maggie Gallagher (“The Best Season”)
- Playwright Anand Rajram (“A Shadowy Life”)
- Playwright Khadijah Roberts-Abdullah (“No Comply”)
- Playwright Jennifer Brewin (“Intersections”)
- Playwright Jenny Salisbury (“Dignity”)
- Playwright Stephon Smith (“Kamilah”)
- Dramaturgs Alex Bulmer and Leah Cherniak
- Sound Designer John Gzowski
- Production Stage Manager Fiona Jones
- Graphic Designer Daria Domnikova
Grab your headphones and favourite pair of shoes for this walkabout audio event. Produced with binaural audio recording, the Cadillac of recording technology, 6 short plays bring to life the hidden, hilarious world of Scadding Court.
Why not make theatre for our ears, alongside our podcasts and music? Take the play with you as you walk? Well grab your headphones and favourite pair of shoes because Common Boots Theatre is thrilled to present Scadding, a site-specific sonic adventure sure to excite Fringe audiences. Six short plays, produced with binaural recording, music and sound effects, bring to life the hidden, hilarious world of one of Toronto’s oldest community landmarks, Scadding Court Community Centre. Named one of Toronto Star’s top six shows to see at the 2019 Toronto Fringe Festival, this immersive audio experience bursts open the box of radio drama, bringing you right to where the story happens. Armed with a map and some helpful guides, find your own play while exploring the world of Dundas and Bathurst.
Toronto Star’s Top 12 Fringe Show.
“… I found myself increasingly attentive to John Gzowski’s extraordinary sound design, which builds detailed, layered aural worlds.”
– Karen Fricker, Toronto Star
“… the unique show features fine voice acting and many stories that will likely be rattling around in your head for years to come whenever you’re in this neighbourhood.”
– Glenn Sumi, NOW Magazine
To-Do Canada names Scadding a show to watch at the 2019 Toronto Fringe Festival!