Opportunities at Common Boots Theatre
Current Opportunities: Board of Directors
Volunteer Board of Directors
Common Boots accepting expressions of interest for joining our Board of Directors. Experience in theatre or on a previous board is not required. A love of theatre and sense of humour is a must.
In aid of reflecting the diversity and strength of our community we encourage applications from individuals who are Black, Indigenous, Non-Black Person of Color, LGBTQ2S+, women, persons who are Deaf, persons who are blind or have low vision, persons who identify as having a disability, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Board of Directors as a whole will:
- Establish, review and approve by-laws and policies
- Provide top level oversight; ensuring the company is fulfilling its mandate and mission
- With the Artistic Director and Managing Producer participate in the development of Strategic Plans and oversee their implementation, providing guidance when appropriate/ requested
- Hire, advise, support and when necessary, release the Artistic Director and Managing Producer including participation in performance reviews and establishing their compensation
- Review results against strategic plans (revenue generation, operational and artistic goals)
- Propose a slate of directors and fill vacancies as required
- Represent the company at public events and support it’s image
- Conduct annual self assessment of it’s own effectiveness
Under the Leadership of the Treasurer:
- Ensure overall financial health including risk management
- Review and approve annual/ multi year operating budgets and any extraordinary expenditures
- Appoint an independent auditor to conduct an annual audit and approve the audited financial statements prior to filing with the CRA
With Managing Producer:
- Develop/ review/ ensure accuracy of HR policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements including all filings with CRA
- Ensure adequate insurance is in place
Interested parties are invited to submit an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include: An expression of interest (in any format) that tells us who you are and responds to the following: How do your perspectives and experiences equip you to be part of the Common Boots Board of Directors ? You may include a resume if you wish.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Common Boots provides accommodation for the recruitment process upon request. Please Let us know if we can support you as part of this process.
Please contact Kesta Graham email@example.com if you have any access needs or require support in relation to your application.