The Listening Stage: Assassinating Thomson
Written and performed by Bruce Horak
Tuesday November 24, 2020
7:30 pm (EST)
Live streamed via Zoom
The Listening Stage is a digital initiative of performances, workshops and readings developed in partnership with BALANCE for Blind Adults.
Click here to view the recording of the performance
To learn more about Bruce, or to browse his gallery of portraits and available works, please visit his website.
Photo by Kurt Firla and Pink Monkey Studios
During the performance Bruce painted a beautiful work of art which is up for auction.
“My inspiration this evening for this painting is the over 200 audience portraits that I’ve painted since starting this show. I tried to imagine you were all in the theatre with me. It is a blast of colour. There is a large mass of people, individuals filling the canvas in a large rectangle. In the top right and top left hand corner there are beams of light. There is golden light, I’ve used iridescence. The gorgeous rays emanating from this wonderful audience. And there you have it.”
For those of you interested in participating in the virtual auction, here are the details:
- The painting is 14″ x 18″, acrylic on wood panel
- Bidding is now open and will close at 11:59 pm on Friday December 4, 2020
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Painting bid to submit your bid
- Include your name, the amount of your bid and preferred method of contact in the body of the email
- In the event of a tie for highest bid at the close of auction on Friday December 4, we will invite the high bidders to bid again over the weekend. If on Monday there is still a tie, the winner will be selected at random.
- The highest bidder will be contacted on Monday, December 7, 2020 and announced shortly after
- Common Boots will split the proceeds from the donated painting with BALANCE for Blind Adults equally.
Made with the generous support of ACTRA Toronto.